Our engineered ligase variants have the following characteristics:
- No epimerization of the C-terminal residue.
- Ligation possible with partially protected as well as deprotected peptides.
- Ligation in aqueous conditions at near neutral pH.
- Tolerate wide range of co-solvents: ≤ 50% DMSO or DMF.
- Have very fast reaction times (<10 min – 1 h).
- Kinetically controlled, irreversible reaction.
- High catalytic efficiency (<0.001 molar equiv.).
- Only use of low molar excesses of amine fragment (1.0 – 1.5 equivalents) required.
- No footprint at ligation site.
- Thermostable: Active at >55⁰C.
- Resistant against disrupting agents: SDS, EDTA, 4 M GnCl, 2 M urea
- Use of less solvents = greener chemistry
More information, e.g. about possible applications using EnzyPep’s ligases.